At Unilever, we are looking to expand our Talent Pool of Controland Automation Engineers located across our Africa Cluster, based either at ourAfrica Hub in Sandton or at our South Africa Head Office in Durban La Lucia.
Unilever is the place where you can bring your purpose to lifethrough the work that you do, creating a better business and a better world.You will work with brands that are loved and improve the lives of our consumersand the communities around us.
Be part of the most successful purpose-led business in theworld. Have the opportunity to see the true impact that you’re having in thework you do - every small thing counts. The personal contribution you makemeans you feel good about what you do and proud that you have a career with ahigher purpose. Be empowered to make a positive impact, by bringing yourpurpose into action.
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Lead automation anddigital revolution and roadmap strategy across Africa cluster. Solve challengesthat transform our factory and develop both short and long-term automationplans. Drive automation and digital improvements and cost avoidance initiatives.Link new technologies and develop knowledge/ training programs. Landimprovement projects and build automation capability across Africa cluster. Subjectmatter expert across the latest trends and best practices for Automation andDigital technology. Collaborate closely and leverage Global Engineering Teams/ WCMLeaders expertise.
- Leadership and development of engineeringprojects for Control and Automation, Lead Operational Technology activities forCapex project in Conceptual, Basic and Detailed design, including inquiry andorder specifications
- Provide guidance and monitor suppliers onscope, quality and planning
- Translate strategy into implementationprograms to deliver competitiveness
- Designing and developing new control systems. Testing,maintaining and modifying existing systems
- Analyse scope and challenge investments withstakeholders and project managers, operate in multi-disciplinary teams (endusers and suppliers)
- Manage successful implementations of projectsfrom design to deployment
- Leverage the value of control and automationto drive innovations, reducing production costs in the factory
- Digital and automation improvement andefficiency builds
- Bring outside in, by developing competitivepractices and insights
- Translating technical complexities andtranslate into business relevant concepts to a broad range of stakeholders
- Deliver automation programs with stakeholdersacross the organisation
- Ensure the very highest engineering standardsand processes are implemented and are aligned to specification
- Ensure assets are designed to comply withUnilever’s safety, quality and sustainability standards
- Maintain strong links across engineering teamsand be the go-to person to drive automation capability
- Engineering Degree in ICE or equivalentexperience
- 5-7 years relevant working experience, aspecialist and collaborator and *must be able to travel across Africa
- Must have solid Automation equipment andstructures including advanced process control (APC)
- distributed control systems (DCS),programmable logic controllers (PLC), supervisory control and data acquisition(SCADA) experience, develop and deploy solutions in PSL and transformationleadership
- Proven track record of process automationdesign and implementation cross category disciplines. Machine / process streamspecifications and machinery project management networks, risk profiles andexecution plans
- Engineering and Technology experience with athorough knowledge of manufacturing technologies and Quality
- Broad understanding of production environment andprocesses, preferably batch processes, understanding of PLC (All Siemens /Rockwell product range) - SCADA systems, data analysis, reporting and IT
- Experienced with Industry 4.0 and/ordigitization, Microsoft Azure and cloud solutions. Understanding of globalstandards like ISA S88, ISA S95, ISA S99, TPM. Prior Digital/ MES experiencewill be an advantage
- Demonstrable achievements in delightingcustomers through innovation
- Proficient analytical skills and ability towork in virtual teams, build critical skills and develop key talent
- *Must have project management skills, excellentcommunication and networking skills
- Analytical, financial and business managementskills (Industry certified courses beneficial)
- Knowledge of WCM methodologies and excellentbusiness and change management skills